Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thank you for taking the time.

I was stopped by two ladies today that were from out of town that needed help finding the Metra train. I wasn't 100% sure of the entrance, but had a pretty good idea. So, I took a moment to cross the street with them to point them in the right direction. When they walked away, they said "thank you for taking the time to help us." As I biked home, their words kept resonating in my mind. It is kind of silly, but their simply phrase hit my heart in just the right spot. To all of those who are coming out to play, buying raffle tickets, donating items, spreading the word, bringing their friends out, sending an email to say 'wish I could be there', following our blog & facebook page, etc...all we can say is "thank you for taking the time". Small words with big meaning. See you in KC in exactly 2 weeks from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment